Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm Sorry

If you are reading this, you most likely know me. Since I know of you as well, there may be a federal agent knocking on your door sometime in the future asking questions about me such as, "Is he a reliable person? Do you consider him loyal to the United States? Has he ever killed a man just to watch him die?

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

So, I had to fill out this big "application" for lack of a better term. The basic gist of it was, "Who are you? How can we track you down? How can we track down anyone you may have come in contact with in the last 7 years? The End."

I never knew I had a selective service number. Well I know it now. The good news was that I had access to the internet the whole time so I could track down much of the information I needed, like that secretive selective service number. On the bright side, this gave me an opportunity to contact a number of people I hadn't talked to in a while to ask if they would be a reference for me.

I am so glad that you only have to apply for positions on an irregular basis. It always feels to me like I am selling my soul to the lowest bidder. yes lowest.

And for the reading impaired, here is a picture of a flower at my parents house.

1 comment:

pinkstilletos said...

so i thought about what i'm going to say if an FBI agent shows up at our house:

"you know officer, i do think it's rather strange that he was gone all time to 'ohio' doing 'landfill' work where he was 'unavailable' because he couldn't get a 'cell phone signal' :)