Sunday, June 24, 2007

At the mall

So I went to the mall today to pick-up something to reduce the boredom I am experiencing on the weekends. It was lunchtime when I was there, so I went to the food court to get some food. Of course, I had to make a short pit stop first. As I was standing there in front of the john, I heard some rustling behind me. This being a busy place, I didn't think twice about it until I felt something brush up against the side of my leg. I looked down and saw a long white stick.
At this point a thousand possibilities come rushing to me all of the way from
-an inept and overzealous cleaning person trying to use a stick to a grab some trash at my feet, to:
-a sick-o trying to get a peek of some men in the bathroom with some weird camera on a stick, to:
-kids playing in the wrong spot.

I had flash of irritation, but then a blind man holding his white cane sidled up to the urinal beside me. The irritation was gone, instantly replaced by what I hope was understanding and not pity. I am thankful for my site, and the fact that it allows me to enter situations and not immediately cause irritation by just trying to find my way around.

No comments: